The Future Belongs To?
Essential Home Office Elements
- The space – the more dedicated the better
- Your chair – satisfying your butt is a critical issue
- The desk – it does not have to be fancy
Number One - The Space
This office if very elegant, and the desk chair fits the decor, but it is not a practical chair for long hour of work.
Number Two - Your Chair
- Seat height adjustment
- Back height or lumbar adjustment
- Tilting is a nice feature
- Seat swivel
- Casters (no you don’t want a 4 legged chair)
- Adjustable arms
- Best to have height adjustments
- Better to have depth adjustment
- Seat depth adjustment is a good feature
The third component - Your Desk
- Laptop (very common now)
- Separate keyboard
- Extra monitor(s) – we recommend 2 externals
- iPad / Tablet
- Printer / Scanner / Fax (I know right? who has one of these?)
- Notepad / Planner / Binder
- Work papers – I know this is a foreign concept to some of you younger people, but lots of older people need the paper!
Beautiful mid-century piece, but it is too shallow to actually sit at
Examples of Home Offices
This office is an example of a flooring method for organizing papers. Filing cabinets or more desk space might be useful.
This office uses very little paper but has a lot of equipment within reach of the occupant.